**UPDATE** EVENT DATE CHANGED TO 4.25.19
Town Offering Free Tree Seedlings, Mulch and Compost at the Amphitheater
Supervisor’s “Greening Brookhaven” Program has goal of 10,000 trees planted by 2020
Farmingville, NY – The Town of Brookhaven will hold its sixth annual tree seedling, mulch and compost give away at the Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater, located at 1 Ski Run Lane in Farmingville on Thursday, April 25th from 3-6 p.m. It’s all part of Supervisor Ed Romaine’s “Greening Brookhaven” initiative to distribute and plant 10,000 trees by the year 2020. Mulch and compost are available in bags or in bulk, so residents must bring shovels and containers to load it into their vehicles. All items will be distributed on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. For more information, call 631-451-TOWN or visit www.brookhavenny.gov. Residents of Brookhaven Town may also pick up free mulch and compost at the following Town facilities beginning on Friday, April 20:
- Brookhaven Town Hall, South Parking Lot, One Independence Hill in Farmingville (residents only) Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Percy Raynor Park, Route 347 and Belle Mead Road in South Setauket (residents only) Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Rose Caracappa Center, 739 Route 25A in Mt. Sinai(residents only) Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Brookhaven Landfill, 350 Horseblock Road in Brookhaven Hamlet (residents and commercial) Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 2:45 pm and Saturday from 7:00 am to 12:00 noon.
- Brookhaven Compost Facility, Papermill Road in Manorville (residents) Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Commercial vehicles are permitted only at the Brookhaven Landfill, where a fee of $12 per yard will be charged.