Still looking for the perfect gift for a friend, family member or colleague? In honor of the new Grinch movie that came out this holiday season, here is our take on a fun DIY ornament that is so cute and adorable, you’ll want to steal em right off the tree! These ornaments are fun & easy to make, look great, and are a gift that will be treasured annually by the receiver. If you already have something for everyone on your list, why not start a new family tradition and make a new ornament together every year? It is a great way to look back over time and bring back memories of Christmas past when you decorate the tree each year.
These easy to locate supplies can be found at your local Michaels or AC Moore, and with a prep time of 45 min, you can still find plenty of time to make them before Christmas!
You will Need the Following Supplies:
- Clear Glass Ornaments
- Ornament Glitter Adhesive
- Fine Green Glitter
- Green Feather Boa
- Paint Markers: Black, Yellow, Red
- Small Funnel
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cup or mug to use as stand
- Ornament hook
Step by Step Instructions:
- Take the lid off the ornament and add a bit of glitter adhesive inside. Just need enough for a this coat, maybe about 1/4 of the ornament.
- Rotate the ornament all the way around so the glitter adhesive covers the entire inside of the ornament.
- Then let the rest of the solution drain out back into a container. If necessary, gently tap the sides a few time and try to get all the extra solution out.
- Next add the glitter into the ornament. Again rotate the ornament around and shake as necessary so the glitter covers the whole inside.
- Put the lid back onto the ornament
- Next its time to draw your Grinch face
- Measure and cut a length of feather boa so it fits around the top of the ornament
- Finally add hot glue to the lid area and glue the piece of boa around the top
“It came without ribbons. It came without bows. It came without packages, boxes or bags. Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more.” – The Grinch.